Objectives for grade 1
By the end of the year the student should be able to:
1. Identify that Allah عزّ وجلّ is the Creator of all things. He /she must be able to perceive His greatness by looking at His creation.
2. Define belief, Tawheed, and recall the shahadah and explain its meaning.
3. Enumerate the five pillars of Islam, (in Arabic and English) in the order they are mentioned in Islamic resources, and to identify their importance.
Mention the 2 parts of the shahadah and briefly explain what they mean.
Describe the importance of the five daily prayers and be able to perform the Salah.
Have an idea about the basics of Zakah, its importance and benefits.
Have an idea about Fasting during the month of Ramadan, its manners, importance and benefits.
Have an idea about the importance of Hajj and its steps.
4. Realize that the Qur’aan is from Allah عزّ وجلّ , understand its importance and value. Realize how to deal with the printed text of the Qur’aan and to realize that it is not like any other book. Recall a brief story about the revelation of the Qur’aan. Realize the need to be clean, and have wudoo’ when reading the Qur’an. Realize the importance of seeking refuge in Allah عزّ وجلّ before reading the Qur’aan. Memorize 13 small suraahs as well as Ayat Al-Korsi.
5. Have an idea about Islamic history. The student must be well acquainted with the name and lineage of the Prophet صلّى الله عليه وسلَم , his childhood. The student must say sallallahu alayhi wa sallam on hearing or saying the name of the prophet
6. Have an idea about cleanliness, taharah, manners of going to the toilet. Learn how to perform wudoo`.
7. Demonstrate good manners such as respecting others especially to parents. And taking care of their belongings as well as others belongings.
To display each lesson plan, click on the lesson plan you want to see, you will be able to save it to your computer or print it directly.